As a result, the time-series points begin to cluster around (on all sides) of the getting IMA and with a smaller delay than around the usual MA. Therefore, IMA is a more effective tool for manual and automatic trading than all types of conventional MA (SMA, EMA, SSMA, LMA). Formulas for IMA are given in the last screenshot.
- Price type. Values: Close price, Open price, High price, Low price, Median price ((high + low)/2 – default), Typical price ((high + low + close)/3), Weighted price ((high + low + 2*close)/4).
- The averaging method. Values: Simple, Exponential (default), Smoothed, Linear weighted.
- The main averaging period. Integer. Default is 14.
- Coefficient of division of the averaging period. – The coefficient determines the period of the next iteration. Values: any positive real number, which is not zero. Default is 1.62 (Golden Ratio).
- Dimensions of markers – Marker sizes to display forecast points. Values: any positive integer from 0 to 5 (1 default).